It is the policy of PHHS that any comments that contain spam or are improper, inflammatory, off-topic or offensive shall be removed. Repeat offenders may be subject to banning.
EBCI PHHS strives to make the information contained on these third party sites as timely and accurate as possible, PHHS makes no claim, promise, or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents on these third party sites, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these sites. Items posted on these third party sites do not necessarily reflect the views or act as endorsements by EBCI PHHS.
EBCI Public Health and Human Services Veteran Services Officer position is currently vacant. During the interim, there are offices available to assist:
Cherokee County (828) 835-8663
Jackson County — Sheila Setzer (828) 631-2231
Swain County — Diane Kirkland (828) 488-9273 Ext. 2205
Haywood County — Steven Allred and Debbie Caldwell (828) 452-6634
Macon County — Leigh Tabor and Christie Wilson (828) -349-2151
NCDVA of Canton — Vicky Putnam, Misty Turner, Ellen White, and Jeremy Hughes (828) 646-6937
We apologize for the brief inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and understanding
The United States Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) offer a broad range of benefits and services for eligible veterans who have served in the United States armed forces. This office is a conduit for connecting those veterans with these benefits and services.
• VA Health Care Benefits
• Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities
• Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
• VA Pensions
• Education and Training
• Home Loan Guaranty
• VA Life Insurance
• Burial and Memorial Benefits
• Reserve and National Guard
• Special Groups of Veterans
• Transition Assistance
• Dependents and Survivors Health Care
• Dependents and Survivors Benefits
• Appeals of VA Claims Decisions
• Military Medals and Records
• Other Federal Benefits
• Locations of all VA Facilities
• Active service means full-time service, other than active duty for training, as a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or as a commissioned officer of the Public Health Service, Environmental Science Services Administration or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or its predecessor, the Coast and Geodetic Survey.
• Dishonorable and bad conduct discharges issued by general courts-martial may bar VA benefits.
• Veterans in prison must contact the VA for eligibility.
• Veterans or dependents wanted for an outstanding felony warrant are not eligible for any VA benefit.