Health care professionals work to prevent and treat wounds and their complications, by providing culturally sensitive preventative education, early detection and quality interventions. We serve enrolled members of EBCI who have a wound, need diabetes wound care including diabetes foot checks & exams, and/or want to learn more about prevention of wounds.
WOUND PATIENT SERVICES
• We can provide individualized wound care to our clients to treat and prevent more serious problems in a culturally sensitive way.
• Each client will be assessed by a certified wound specialist and treatment will be provided by the wound care team, which will ensure continuity of care.
• We offer services in the clinic, the client's home or in a community setting to meet the clients' needs.
• State of the art medical supplies are available on-site and available for use on all types of wounds.
• We offer consultation services to other health providers, families, and clients, regarding wound care problems or concerns
• We refer clients to specialists as needed for additional wound care.
• Our goal is to provide wound care education and prevention techniques such as foot care in a supportive atmosphere.
• We offer individual and community-based education, as well as serving as a resource to other health care providers in the community.
• Support services are always available to help clients cope with the emotional challenges of living with a wound, mobility limitations, or alteration in body image.
• We will assist the client by making referrals to a support program as appropriate.
• We work closely with other programs and facilitate care for the individual client.
PREVENTIVE FOOT CHECKS
You do not have to have a wound or need diabetes services to have a preventive foot check. Please call the clinic to schedule an appointment.